Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Where Are The Great Summer Films?

It is almost July and I have to say that there haven't been any films that have excited me enough to splurge on movie tickets.

WTF is wrong with Hollywood?

I think the only film I'm reasonably amused by that will be out soon is Dispicable Me which isn't out until July 9th.

I'm not a huge movie goer, but I do like to catch a film every once in awhile, and I haven't been since Alice In Wonderland opened. All I ask is a few hours in a nice cool theater with some popcorn and a diet coke! Is that too much to ask?


Dang, wasn't that in March or early April? And again, my summer movie is a kids film.

Geeze!

Oh and raise you hand if you think that new Tom Cruise film is going to suck?

4 comments:

Mike said...

Hand is up.

Jean-Luc Picard said...

There are few and far between this year.

Bilbo said...

There hasn't been a great summer film since the three Lord of the Rings movies. And they weren't even summer films. Just find something you like and rent the DVD...you can watch it at home in the comfort of your space, wearing whatever is comfortable, with popcorn you didn't have to pay $50per tub for. If you need company, call.

Deirdre said...

Oh, did you mention if you liked the new Alice movie? I missed it if you did. Remind me.

I wanted to go see it but every weekend we planned to go, something came up to stop us. Blah.

Anyway, I'll be buying it soon when the price on the Blue Ray Discs go lower. (Well, I'm hoping they do.) *hopes*

Anyway, I've seen the previews for the new TC movie and I think I'm going to have to raise my hand as well.