Thursday, June 10, 2010

Ponderings and Worries

In three weeks I'll be 36 years old. Its kind of scary to be facing the upper end of the thirties.

I keep thinking, what can I do to make my life better.

I'm thankful I have a job, but I could have done more with my life, if I hadn't chosen to stay close to my family. My reviewing job hasn't panned out much lately. I've only had one review in almost 2 months. So I don't have the extra income.

I keep wondering....what can I do now to make things easier. To save something...while still being able to enjoy living.

Its much like I thought it would be. I have a car, but I really can't afford to go anywhere with it.

Plus there's the matter of my mom's doctor's appointment. She had a lot of episodes on one day in March and I'm afraid there's going to be a heart cath in her future. Those things scare me as much as they do her. I hope that we can get through the appointment without any scary nasty tests to take.

I'll be glad when this week is totally over. Its been way too stressful.

5 comments:

Mike said...

"I'll be 36 years old"

With your family's track record you're not even near half way done.

Wv: raplero - Spanish rap music.

Nikki - Notes of Life said...

It's my 30th this weekend. Friends are saying they hated turning 30... My only problem is that I've been doing the same job for 10 years now and I think I could do with a change!

Deirdre said...

I'm sorry that things are so tough. I wish you had other people in your family that you could count on to lessen the burden you carry of caring for your parents.

Cooper said...

36???? That's awesome. Honestly, tho, the number doesn't matter. Today is the only day where stuff happens. Worrying about the future is pointless and energy draining...there's nothing you can do about the future anyway. To be cliche-like - Seize The Day. It's all we've got....

will say a prayer for your Mom...

Bilbo said...

36? Nothing to worry about. When you get to be a character like Mike with a timeshare at Jurassic Park, THEN you can complain about your age. Young whippersnapper...

vw: nogrev - you are out of grev.