Wednesday, June 30, 2010

A Little TMI

I have to go for another colposcopy on my birthday. What a way to celebrate. I had another abnormal pap in May, so I get an unpleasant present from the Gyne on Friday.

Just what I always wanted.

Of course I don't want cancer either, so I'll put up with it.

Its just a lovely way to spend my birthday, doncha think?

Ever since I knew it was scheduled I've been a bundle of nerves. I openly admit to crying my eyes out when the doctor called to tell me I had to have this done again.

The cost of the damn thing is going to hit me in the gut, and if I have to have anything else done afterward, it will really hit me.

Like I said yesterday, it isn't that there isn't affordable health care in the US it is that affordable health care won't help you. AT ALL!

4 comments:

sage said...

So sorry, my prayers that things will be okay

Nikki - Notes of Life said...

Sorry to hear you've got to go through these... especially on your birthday!

Mike said...

"another colposcopy"

If you post your pictures I'll post mine. NOT!

Wv: faryn - Where the probe goes.

Anonymous said...

Andrea - my sister-in-law passed away last Monday from cervical cancer. She hadn't seen a doctor in 12 years, since her last child was born. She "poo-poo'd" any mention of going to the doctor and said she thought they were unnecessary. Had she gone after an abnormal pap smear, a colposcopy and other treatment would have DEFINITELY saved her life. Instead, she's gone and her three small kids are without a mom. SENSELESS! So, please Andrea, happily go to the docs for this procedure. It will save your life!