Monday, June 21, 2010

Missing Mondays

Sometimes I really wish I were a kid again. Usually when my nephew laments not being an adult. I've never quite understood why we force our kids into adulthood these days, filling their schedules until they are little mini-robots. Hell, most kids I know don't really know how to play at all, unless it involves an electronic game of some sort.

~sigh~

Right now I long for summer vacation. 2.5 blissful months without a care in the world. To just lay around on a deck chair and read. Its not fair that you only get lazy time two times in your life when you are young and when you retire.

It doesn't seem fair. I only have 5 days of vacation a year and 1 was used for my dad's surgery and another day is going to be used for an unpleasant procedure I have to have done on my birthday, one that I'll be paying for, but that will get me started on my health care rant...and its too early in the morning for that.

Damn I wish I was a kid again. Just so long as its not the summer I had to read 3 classic novels that weren't fun reads at all.

3 comments:

Mike said...

You need a job with more than 5 days of vacation.

Jean-Luc Picard said...

Your nephew needs to enjoy being young while he can.

Deirdre said...

I steal little mini-vaca moments each week, in small ways, so that I don't feel like I can't get a break until my two week vacation time kicks in.

You can do it too! :D

Take an hour every few days (lunch break?) to get out and spend time focused on something that makes you smile. Go have a smoothie! Walk around the store and browse all the cool things you can't buy yet!

Sometimes I'll go to the pet store down the street and watch the animals play.

It's just little things you do for yourself that give big rewards in the end. :)