Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Tuesday Tunes

From Music Memoirs

Ghosts of Rock Bands Past:

If you could experience one band/artist in their hey day, who would it be and why would you choose them?

I know a lot of people will say The Beatles, but I think that would be too crazy for me and I would end up being disappointed not being able to hear them if I would be as lucky as my godmother was, to see them during one of their stops in the US.

No, I think I would choose one of my other favorite bands, The Moody Blues. Oh how lovely to see Justin, John, Graham, Ray and Mike in their younger days. I'm not sure if I'd like to experience them so much in the late 60s or the 70s. Probably the 60s, as that whole time period has always fascinated me.

The other band I would have loved to experience in their hey day is Duran Duran. I would like to go back in time, with some Time Lord or another and catch them when they were young and fabulous, as opposed to now, when they just put out crap. The funny thing with Duran Duran is that I didn't really care for them when I was younger and they were huge. I didn't start getting into their music until The Wedding Album came out.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Great choices! Especially the pick of Moody Blues ;) Have a wonderful day!

Mike said...

Boston - Did then, still do.

rashbre said...

We went to see the `Bootleg Beatles' a while ago. They play Beatles songs 'by era' and it was a lot of fun.

They even had jokes about songs that were out of sequence ' we can't play that - we haven't written it yet' etc.

Good fun.

Nikki - Notes of Life said...

I'd probably say Guns & Roses. :)