Friday, June 25, 2010

Top 5 On Friday


Top 5 songs that get you ready for the weekend.

You guys know the drill. Play along in the comments or in your journal. This meme is created for my site Music Memoirs. Feel free to go there and check out my other weekly memes and play along.

1. Mika - We Are Golden: This song just makes me want to sing, dance and be happy. I could listen to it forever. OK, I could listen to any Mika song forever, but I love this one the most.

2. Roxette - Here Comes The Weekend: It is a kind of obvious choice, but Roxette were always one of my favorite bands in high school. I've always loved playing them in the car and this one always prepares me for road trips, that always come on the weekend.

3. The Moody Blues - Ride My See Saw: OK, I know I'm the only one that gets a pervy picture from this song, but nevermind that. This song is so upbeat and rocking it really is a Moody weekend song, besides the one they did in the 80s with the same title as the Roxette track.

4. Duran Duran - Electric Barbarella: This is one of my favorite DD singles from the last 20 years. It is super playful which is how I want to feel on the weekends.

5. Erasure - I Love Saturday: Title says it all, doncha think?

2 comments:

Mike said...

3. This is the one song I've heard. But I never knew the name of it.

%. Every day is Saturday.

rashbre said...

Off topic, but the Doctor Who finale is rather good.