Tuesday, June 22, 2010

I Don't Understand This

Not to far from me is a Swim Club. Its one of those pools that you pay huge amounts of money to swim at. I really don't understand the people who go there.

Its not that there is anything wrong with the pool. The pool is huge and beautiful.

I drove by on Sunday when it was in the mid to upper 80s (translation: it was freaking hot) and the pool was near empty. Yet there were cars everywhere in the parking lot.

Where were all of the people?

On beach blankets in the grass!!

WTF people!

This isn't at $5.50 swim all day pool. You've paid several hundred dollars to go lay on the grass (No...not even sand...grass) that you have in your own back yard. WTF is wrong with you!!!

I'm not a swimmer but when there's water I at least like to wade it in. How can you spend all of that money just to lay in the grass! It really boggles my mind, almost as much as our neighbors that keep their doors wide open all the damn time, but that's story for another day.

6 comments:

Cheryl, Indiana, Shingo and Molly said...

I've NEVER understood that either. If I'm near water, I have to be in it!! I go to the pool to, get this, SWIM!!!! I've never been able to bake myself by the pool at all!!

The Mistress of the Dark said...

Cheryl: Its crazy. If I'm going to do a bake in the sun thing, its going to be on a sandy beach, but I'm sure not going to ignore the water. You can drive past Pine Cove any day and there will be more people on blankets than in the pool and that pool is gorgeous! And the cost for a summer membership is several hundred dollars!!

Jean-Luc Picard said...

That is weird. The water is the right place to be on a hot day like that.

Mike said...

We were at the pool today. In the water. It's 94 here but the heat index is 107. We got out of the water for awhile and sat IN THE SHADE of a beach unbrella. AND ... started sweating! Back in the water!

Janelle said...

If I'm at a pool, I lay out, but usually when I want a break from swimming. And really, I don't lay around, I read, & when I got hot or want to get back in I do. But laying out the whole time is unnecessary.

Deirdre said...

That is really strange.