Friday, June 04, 2010

Top 5 On Friday


Top 5 albums you take with you for a day at the beach

You guys know the drill. Play along in the comments or in your journal. This meme is created for my site Music Memoirs. Feel free to go there and check out my other weekly memes and play along.

1. The Beatles - Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band

There is something about this album that screams summer to me. This album is one of two Beatles albums that I seem to play quite a bit during the summer months. Maybe the album still has some of that Summer of Love magic.

What do you think?

2. Erasure - I Say I Say I Say

This album came out in the summer of 94. I remember finding the first single earlier that year at Sam Goody in Westmoreland Mall. That was my summer album that year and it remains one. I think having a song on it called Run To The Sun helps too. Its also a really fun fast paced album, and that really makes it perfect beach listening.

3. The Monkees - Pisces, Aquarius, Capricorn & Jones

This was an autumn of love album, but since I wasn't really there for it, its one of my summer beach albums. It is probably my favorite album by The Monkees. It also has some of Michael Nesmith's best songs; Salesman, The Door Into Summer and Love Is Only Sleeping. Oh and Pleasant Valley Sunday has to be the best summer beach song.


4. The Beatles - Rubber Soul

I won't deny it. This is my favorite Beatles album. Its best played with the windows down blaring down a highway, or on my headphones reading. (preferably in the sand) For me this is the perfect summer beach album and probably a perfect album period.

5. Matchbox Twenty - Yourself Or Someone Like You

Rob Thomas is a boy of summer. Any song that he sings well, except New York Christmas, seems to heat things up. So its only fitting I have a Matchbox Twenty album on my list.

1 comments:

Mike said...

"or on my headphones"

All music is better on headphones. It blocks out the rest of the world.

Wv: encycle - To circle around someone on a bike.