Thursday, June 03, 2010

Running On A Treadmill

No, I'm not blogging about exercise (though I need to start doing that more), I'm blogging about how I feel. Since I bought the new car, I feel like I've been running at a furious pace and going absolutely nowhere.

I really can't stand that my parents no longer have a car and that there's no way for my dad to do the things he usually does for the family right now.

GAH!

If only I hadn't traded in the Beretta.

Oh and speaking of the Beretta.

The last time I drove through Belle Vernon, she was on a used car lot, selling for almost $1200.00.

WTF!!

When I bought her 6 years ago, I paid $1500.00 for her.

Her interior is dry rotting. She has a hole in the exhaust (again!) but that is thanks to the Snowmageddon. Her clear coat is peeling. The car looks like hell and is falling apart, yet this guy is selling it for $1200!

Oye vey!

I got next to nothing for her on the trade because she was so shoddy. God I feel bad saying that. For a car her age, she was ok, for the kind of running my parents do, but for me, not good.

So now I'm stuck in the same boat as I was before. I don't want to go too far from home, because they don't have a car and that makes me a bit nervous.

Yes, I'm a worry wart.

Do you think I may get a moment of peace sometime soon?

Oh and tonight is my nephew's graduation.

3 comments:

Deirdre said...

*hugs*

Mike said...

Picket the car dealer with a sign that says 'I know about this car' until he sells it back to you for the same amount you got for it.

Jean-Luc Picard said...

Weare all running on a treadmill; it's called life.