Friday, April 30, 2010

Top 5 On Friday


Top 5 bands you wish you'd discovered sooner


You guys know the drill. Play along in the comments or in your journal. This meme is created for my site Music Memoirs. Feel free to go there and check out my other weekly memes and play along.

1. Grey Eye Glances: By the time I discovered this band they were on a hiatus and now they are only playing the occasional live show in Philly. Seeing as I haven't a good car and I freaking hate Philly, the chances of me seeing them in concert are pretty slim. Plus I also lost out on any "new album" excitement, because my guess is, there won't be any of those any time soon either.

2. Gordon Lightfoot: I would have loved to have known his music before his health problems set in, so I could have completely experienced that wonderful voice I hear on my CDs.

3. Erasure: If I would have fallen in love with them a year or two earlier I might have had a chance to see them in concert. As it is now, there's no chance of me ever getting to see them. Boo!

4. Keri Noble: For much the same reason. I discovered her about 3 months after she played a show in Pittsburgh and she hasn't been back since. Grrr.

5. Mika: I discovered him last year. I remember when his first album came out and I wanted to listen to it but never got around to it. I'm so glad I found him last year though. He makes such fun pop music and he's so damn cute.

1 comments:

Jean-Luc Picard said...

Some artists early days were there best ones.