Monday, April 12, 2010

Missing Mondays

I always seem to be missing something food related and today is no different. When I was in college there was a little restaurant in downtown, Charleroi On Mon, called Monty's Place. My parents used to go there for breakfast a lot after morning mass during the week and so did I.

Don't laugh! I went to morning mass fairly regularly throughout college. I was kinda religious.

But back to Monty's, talking about the Catholic church right now just makes me angry.

This place made the best omelets in the whole of SW PA. Plus they had a waitress that could remember everyone's favorites. It was always fun to throw her off and order something different every now and then.

This was a great family restaurant during the day. It became too much of a bar at night and that's probably why its not still around. It attracted some not so nice types later in the day.

But oh how I miss those omelettes! They were so good. The only place I've had a super great omelette like that since was in Atlantic City....Mmmm...now I'm missing Jersey and the Deli Omelette. Damn!

5 comments:

Alaine said...

You're right you just need to stop. Nothing good can come of this reminiscing. Now I'm hungry and feel like an omelette, I make pretty good ones.

The Mistress of the Dark said...

Send one my way please :)

Bilbo said...

Omelette...wasn't that the play about some prince in Denmark?

Jean-Luc Picard said...

I love omelettes! You're getting me hungry!

Mike said...

I love scrambled omelettes but they're hard to make.