Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Where Did Music Go In My Life

I love music, but somehow in the last few months it has disappeared from my life. I don't have it on a constant loop.

I used to always have something playing in the background while I sat at my computer. Now it's just silence.

I really don't know what's happening, other than new music is so bleh to me and so many of my favorite artists aren't recording new music.

I finally got around to buying the new Lady Antebellum CD this weekend, and that album has been out for quite awhile! Heck, Need You Now has even won awards.

That's not to say that I don't have albums that I want to buy, I just can't seem to get around to listening to them right now. The only albums I listen to are those of bands I'm supposed to review. Needless to say, that doesn't really thrill me much.

I have discovered some great Independent artists through my job, but some of the more recent artists...well, not so much, and I know I've said it before, but I think its sapped my love for music. Its taken away the love I had for music that I enjoy! I hate that!

I actually prefer watching TV when I go to the gym, over the music on my mp3 player.

You guys have no idea how sad that makes me.

3 comments:

Jean-Luc Picard said...

It's sad when there is little new music one actually likes.

Mike said...

Bob Seger - Old time Rock and Roll - says it all for me.

Bilbo said...

Don't give up! I depend on you to keep up with the new music I otherwise probably wouldn't hear!