Monday, April 26, 2010

Missing Mondays

Today is April 26. It just hit me right now. Its pouring down rain and I think its supposed to do that all day, so I will no likely be able to go to the cemetery.

Today marks 2 years since Grandma has been gone. It doesn't feel like that long. Two years since I walked down to her house to check on her shortly after 1 p.m. on a Saturday.

I still can't go in the upstairs without crying. I still can't remember anything I said to her the night before, except that I was busy doing something not very important at all and I have never really felt like I said what needed to be said. Plus I will always feel like I should have been there, even though I know that there was likely nothing I could have done to help. I would have just panicked and screamed just as I did 4 hours later.

So yeah, today is April 26 and I miss my grandma.

4 comments:

Mike said...

It doesn't seem like two years have gone by.

Bilbo said...

I agree with Mike...it doesn't seem like it's been that long. Hang in there...the pain DOES go away eventually.

Jean-Luc Picard said...

Those sort of anniversaries are like that. It seems just like yesterday.

rashbre said...

I can't believe its been two years.