Monday, April 19, 2010

Missing Mondays

I miss weekends being relaxing. Somehow even when I have 2 days to do whatever I chose, I don't feel like I've de-stressed. Something always happens to work my nerves up so I just can't feel calm and ready to start another week.

Take this weekend for example: I had a great time on Saturday in Wheeling. I enjoyed all the book stores and all the food. Wheeling has some great restaurants, chain and locally owned.

Yesterday was another story.

I was on my way to La Fiesta for dinner, or rather, we were about to go there, when I noticed something hanging from my father's car. Oye! Not what I wanted to see, so we took my piece of tin, which suddenly felt a lot more reliable. I don't take it far because it likes to play games with my head.

The last time I took it further than say 15 miles it decided to show me the engine light. Nothing was wrong, the car just wanted to tell me, that it went further than its comfort zone and it wanted to make sure I was shaking the whole way home.

Yeah, that's the kind of car I drive. I'm taking donations for a Ford Focus...feel free to leave tips! Yeah right.

So besides the health issues both my parents have that keep me up at night with worry, I had the car to add to it. Glad that turned out to be nothing as well, but I'm sick of being scared about stuff.

I miss having peace of mind, or rather a piece of my mind left!

1 comments:

rashbre said...

A friend of mine had a car a bit like that. It used to beep when she started it and then various lights would come on after a while.

I borrowed it for a drive to see what was wrong.

Turned out the beep was a warning to add oil. She'd been driving it without enough.

I added five litres (thats a lot!) and it was fine afterwards.