Thursday, April 29, 2010

Suckery

I hate being the child that gets to cart family members off to the doctor's. My dad and mom can still go together, but when he has to go to an appointment alone, someone has to be there with him, because he doesn't hear well.

I hate being the child that has to be there for all that.

Right now I hate it a lot, because a few week's ago he had a bladdar infection. TMI, I know, but I got my fair share of it at the hospital ER, m'kay, so this is nothing.

He's taken two weeks worth of antibiotics and now the GP wants him to see a urologist.

Why me?

I get nervous enough going to the doctor and I'm only 35. Taking an eighty-four year old man to the doctor is hell on the nerves. I fear the word that starts with a "C". Actually I fear all health problems.

The man had several inches of his colon removed last year. I worry. A LOT! I was really hoping I could get through one year without health issue mayhem.

It looks like that is not the case.

And taking your father to the urologist has to be one of the biggest bits of suckery out there.

3 comments:

Mike said...

So it's not that you mind taking someone some place, YOU don't want to go to or even be around the hospital.

Wv: flach - a slang term for smelly stuff.

Nikki - Notes of Life said...

I kind of know how you feel... My Dad had bowel cancer a few years back and it's been me who takes him to all the follow up appointments (the last one was a couple of weeks ago when he had the camera down his throat). My brother can't stand hospitals and has trouble getting time off work anyway.

Deirdre said...

I would imagine it's quite the burden and very stressful on you. :( I have four sisters and when things happen, it makes it easier to share responsibility.

Hospitals are always the last place I want to be. It really does suck. :(