Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Car Withdrawals


The red Chevy Cobalt went back to Enterprise yesterday and I'm now $128.50 poorer than I was the day before.


~sigh~

I loved that car, but there is no way in hell I could ever own that car. It was so new it still had its sticker price from Chevy in the glove box.

$19,400.00 and that was before taxes and whatnot.

~bigger sigh~

If I wanted to buy that I'd be paying for it until I was dead and the car was long since dead, and that's assuming that I could get a loan on a shiny new vehicle, which I likely can't.

~huge sigh~

Plus between the weather and things that need done around the house I haven't been able to save anything extra, in oh...about 2 years.

At least I haven't had to withdraw from my savings, but still...I had been doing so well before then. I doubt I'll ever own a car that I would feel comfortable with taking on a long drive.

~head desk~

I'm going to slink off and feel sorry for myself some more if you don't mind.

5 comments:

Nikki - Notes of Life said...

You never know what's around the next corner :)

Mike said...

I'll help you through your withdrawal symptoms.

Don't forget with a brand new car your insurance is a lot higher as well as your personal property taxes.


Wv: locktunc - An Islamic female piece of clothing that's guy proof.

Bilbo said...

Mike's right - I don't know if PA has a personal property tax like VA, but it's the hidden cost of owning a car...a few hundred dollars a year for the privilege of owning a depreciated vehicle. I want a new car, too, but the thought that Agnes's car is old enough to be out of liability for the car tax is a powerful incentive to keep doing mechanical CPR on it as long as possible.

vw: impli - like an imp.

The Mistress of the Dark said...

Wowza, glad I don't live in VA, because I'm pretty sure we don't have a personal property tax here, but then again, we've never had any vehicle that wasn't already at least 6 years old when we bought it.

Deirdre said...

You never know when things can turn around. One day you just might have the car of your dreams. It's possible! :D