Thursday, April 15, 2010

More Dilemmas

I have issues!

Yesterday, we found out that my sister can't go with me to see Craig Ferguson next weekend. I'll be taking her oldest son instead. That doesn't bother me one bit, except I'm not sure if I'm going to get paid for that ticket. Grrrr. I also have to rent a car for that night because I don't trust mine to go 30 miles on an evening where no one could come and rescue me if the car decided to break down. Oye! There goes another $100.00

I'm still looking for a car for about $7000.00. I really want a Ford Focus, but for a smaller car, they are a bit pricey. I also hate the idea of having a loan on a car that may be dead before I pay it off. I don't know what to do.

Oh and I have a gadget issue too.

I want an ereader. I'm not sure why, but I do. I'm in love with Barnes and Noble's Nook. I blogged about it over at Wenches the other day. Any of you guys have an ereader? Opinions? I haven't bought a gadget in a long while. I'm do a new toy.

5 comments:

Bilbo said...

Agnes has a Sony Reader Touch version, and loves it. Her only issue is that the page-turning button is a bit sensitive, and if she pushes it too hard, it will turn several pages at once. Screen brightness, size and weight, and general handiness are all excellent. Good luck.

vw: cartio - the sort of exercises you do to improve your shopping ability.

Mike said...

30 miles and you don't trust your car? You need ANY other car.

Janelle said...

Haha, I have the same issue! My brother was supposed to go with me to Craig Ferguson, but found out his senior prom is the same night & that a friend wants to go with him. So my mom's going now. And logically, I should stay on campus since it's like five minutes away, but my brother's also in a show Friday night & I want to go to Grand March before Craig. And I don't know who to charge for the ticket.

rashbre said...

I have one of those ereaders.

If I am honest, the novelty wears off after while. Its good because it can store lots of books (ideal for dipping into classics etc), but there is still something about deciding to take a book to read and working through it.

I also installed ereader type software on my iPhone which is good for a small portable classics library.

Nikki - Notes of Life said...

No ereader here... I much prefer a proper book :)