Saturday, June 13, 2009

Way To Go Pens

I guess there will be a lot of calamari served up in Detroit in the coming days, since the Pittsburgh Penguins denied the Red Wings their Stanley Cup.

Awwww. I feel no pity. In fact, being a girl that watched them win their first Stanley Cup in 1992, when I was in my senior year of high school, I felt a great amount of joy that Lord Stanley was coming back to Pittsburgh.

I watched Mario Lemieux as he struggled to answer whether is was more satisfying to win the cup as a player or as an owner. He really seemed to want to say, "As a player" but he's much too much of a gentlemen these days to do that. Lordy but he's still one handsome guy and considering he lives in the Burgh most of the time and has for the last 20 some years, he still has that french-canadian accent that makes me sigh.

I'm proud of the boys and glad they could bring the cup home in the same season that the Steelers won their 6th Super Bowl.

Congrats Pens!

0 comments: