Friday, June 05, 2009

Top 5 On Friday: Week 225

From Music Memoirs

Top 5 albums that make the weekend a little bit better!

Elvis Costello - Secret Profane and Sugarcane: Its Elvis and though its not his best work, its still pretty damn good, but almost all EC albums fall into that category, but with this one just coming out, its definitely going to make this weekend much better.



Making April - The Egg Hunt: A new band I discovered this year and I adore this album. No, they aren't in the big time yet, but they are definitely worth listening too.





Judd Starr - Spirit & Skin: This album is a one of my favorites from last year. Judd has a gorgeous voice, writes great songs and is a super nice guy on top of it. I urge you all to go to Amazon and check out one or two of his songs, especially Please Penny.



Nick Lowe - Quite Please: His new 2 disc best of which rocks my world, just like Nick does. Why this album? Because its so hard to pick and choose because his albums are all so good! This best of is truly a great best of.



Gordon Lightfoot - Summertime Dream: This man is a brilliant songwriter and this is one of his greatest albums in my opinion. It also has 2 of my favorite Lightfoot songs, Wreck Of The Edmund Fitzgerald and Race Among The Ruins




0 comments: