Sunday, June 28, 2009

Nice Day

My brother came home for a visit today for Father's Day and to drop off my B-day present. Yay money! But we had a lovely visit. I passed off some cookbooks to his wife, that mom doesn't need anymore. I rationalized to mom that Southern Living Annuals have "Fancy Schmancy" recipes when we are more an "Easy Peasy" household. So off a bunch of them went! Yay!

We went to River House Cafe in downtown Charleroi On Mon. If you are ever in our fair hamlet, its worth it to stop there for lunch or dinner. I had Chicken Cordon Bleu and it was fantastic, my side was garlic mashed potatoes, which were probably some of the nommy-est potatoes I've had in a long time. Washed it down with a Sam Adams, and I'm a happy girl.

I even managed to get some cleaning done this weekend which really made me happy. A trip or two to Target over the next month and the house will start looking so much better again. That's something I never thought I'd say, at least not in the last few years.

All in all it was a really awesome weekend.

0 comments: