Friday, September 30, 2005

Top Five On Friday

This week's Top 5 care of Music Memoirs:

Top Five "Acoustic" songs

1. Erasure - Always
This acoustic version came from a fanclub only release called Buried Treasure. The original technopop version is beautiful, but this stripped version is even prettier.

2. Justin Hayward - Heartbeat
This mp3 was ripped (poorly) from a DVD. I say poorly, because the volume isn't quite what it should be. But it's worth it to hear Justin and his guitar singing Buddy Holly. (Especially the words Piddly Pat)

3. The Beatles - Here Comes The Sun
Probably the best acoustic song in the whole world. To omit this from my list would be criminal.

4. Elvis Costello - You've Got To Hide Your Love Away
He covers this Beatles song so well, but then again, he does everything so damn well. (Including hugs!)

5. The Moody Blues - Never Comes The Day
I've posted this version of the song before. It's from a video clip I found somewhere. I'm not sure if the audiograb was done from a clip Moody Mistress sent me or if it was from one of the clips on Yvonne's lovely site.

0 comments: