Thursday, March 18, 2010

Overworked

Somehow I got unlucky this month and I was assigned 4 reviews, all of which arrived in my mailbox at the same time, meaning I have 2 weeks to write at least 2000 words, preferrably good words about these artists. Three of those days were spend with me being sick.

ARGH!

I do have one of the reviews completed and ready to be sent. Thank god. I only wish that little 4 song EP had been more exciting or word worthy.

The review I'm working on tonight is by a NC band called the Shady Cats. I've only listened to half of it, and I'm already in love. So this one shouldn't be too difficult. It always helps me to write when I'm enjoying what I'm reviewing at least a little bit. Not that I didn't like the other EP, I just find it challenging to come up with 500 words for 4 little songs.

I actually miss reviewing the children's music. I had some really wonderful stuff sent to me last year.

I just hope I can motivate myself to do at least a review a day, so that I can have them all done by Monday.

2 comments:

Jean-Luc Picard said...

Motivating when ill is very difficult to do.

Mike said...

2000 words would take me 2000 days.