Thursday, March 04, 2010

Frustrations

There's a lot going on at the homefront that's very distressing to my mother and thus becoming distressing for me.

I live with my parents. Yes, I'm soon to be 36 but its for the best all the way around. My nephew also lives with us. He's 24 and when he wanted to start school things got messed up and so far he's done nothing with his life. Its been distressing to all of us, but its allowed someone to be home with my mom and dad while I'm at work. Mom is 76 and dad will be 84 in a few weeks.

My youngest nephew is graduating and is planning on starting school in Oct at PTI which is pretty out of the way to commute. Its near the airport. Well his folks have finally decided it was time to convince their oldest son to go to school. Hmmm. Why has it taken them this long?

Oh yeah, they think he's going to get a free ride somehow. Now don't get me wrong I think he'll qualify for some financial aid, but I'm not sure how much or if they will have enough to help him pay.

ARGH!

It seems like they are pointing him towards the same school as his brother, but there are two things that bug us all. The two brothers get along, but not that well and the youngest expressed that he didn't want to room with his older brother if he were to decide to go to school there.

ARGH again.

Then there's the problem of what to do about mom and dad if he does decide to go there? We all got into the mindset that he was around to take care of them when I couldn't be and neither are good to watch the other. Dad's hearing is lousy and mom's had as many heart attacks as Dick Cheney and has trouble walking.

So much to worry about.

And we all want whats best for both nephews too, but the worries are getting to be huge right now. Which isn't helping my expanding waistline any either. But that's a totally different rant.

4 comments:

Jean-Luc Picard said...

Family difficulties are never easy.

Mike said...

Old saying -

"Smile things could be worse. So I smiled and sure as hell, things got worse."

Molly Bandit said...

So how into going to college is the older one? Because unless he's dead set on going, maybe you could talk him into going to a closer community college or taking online classes for the first two years or so.

Deirdre said...

I'm sorry about this. It's a tough situation.

I hope you can work something out.