Monday, March 08, 2010

Missing Mondays

I'm missing a couple of different things today.

1. G.C. Murphy's: I loved the 5 & 10. What I loved the most about these stores was the little diner/restaurant in each one. These stores had the best club sandwiches and hamburgers. I remember eating there with my mom and dad growing up and also with my grandma when she took me downtown.

2. Used book stores: When I was in college there were alot of them in the area. There was even one in my little hamlet of Charleroi On Mon. Now I have to travel at least a half hour to find a good one, other than Goodwill.

3. Harvest House: This was an awesome cafeteria style place located next to Woolworth's in South Hills Village. They made awesoem croquettes and roast beef. It really sucks that this place went out of business so that a Pimp-acrombie and Bitch store could open and Woolworth's closed for a Liz Claiborne store.

Anyone want to let out a big sigh with me?

1 comments:

Bilbo said...

SIGH.

Along with the G.C.Murphy's stores, I miss the old W.T. Grant stores, which were very similar and also had the little counter dining areas. As for used book stores, we have lots of them in Northern Virginia...come on down!

vw: pilsity - the quality of being pilsit.