Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Happy St. Patrick's Day

I'm not Irish, but I will be celebrating St. Patrick's Day by eating corned beef brisket and potatoes for dinner, along with some cabbage. I also plan to have at least one beer. I can't guarantee that its going to be green, because I really don't want to leave the house. Maybe if I'm feeling particularly frisky I 'll put on Danny Boy and dance a jig, but I'm pretty sure my frisky is still down for the count.

I'm actually crossing my fingers that I'll be able to taste the damn corned beef tonight. I haven't been able to taste much of anything for the last 7 days.

Yeah, I've had a killer cold.

The remnants of that cold aren't going to stop me from enjoying the only part of the holiday that I can enjoy. (I mean, I really have no right to celebrate St. Patrick's Day, I'm not Irish)

But to all of you that are Irish or just need an excuse to Par-Tay, Happy St. Patrick's Day

2 comments:

Mike said...

The Irish don't actually celebrate St. Patricks day. So SOMEBODY has to pick up the slack. Might as well be you.

Bilbo said...

Sure 'n begorrah, lass, I'm wishin' ye a Happy St Patty's day, too. 'Tis the time for the wearin' o' the green, and not the lookin' green, so get better and enjoy the corned beef and cabbage.