Sunday, March 07, 2010

Listening To Love Never Dies


Andrew Lloyd Webber is apparently desperate for inspiration, so he's gone ahead and created a sequel to The Phantom Of The Opera. I was able to listen to the Original Cast Recording today and I have only one thing to say about it.

BLECH

The story just doesn't feel right. Maybe because I really loved Gaston Leroux's story and I know that when the last page turned, that story was over, the Phantom was dead. He didn't live to go to Coney Island as part of a freak show.

GAH!

Andrew Lloyd Webber should be ashamed of himself. Actually from what I've heard of the musical, he should be ashamed of the whole thing. Its beyond disappointing, its boring and where The Phantom had so many songs that are recognizable, this show has nothing.

If this show wins any awards, I will know for sure that all awards shows are fixed.

3 comments:

Mike said...

'The greatest love story ever II' just doesn't have the same ring to it.

Wv: visres - Why is this word spelled wrong? Could my computer have a .......

Janelle said...

The internet is tearing this thing apart. I can't accept a show where Raoul is a drunk.

rashbre said...

I read this one with trepidation. I hoped you were not going to say you liked it.

Phew.

Some things should be left alone.