Saturday, March 27, 2010

A Day Of Books and Music

I'm working on a not so fantastic CD review right now. I have to admit that after about 12 listens its growing on me. Kind of like a bad fungus. You can listen to the music here. I'd kind of like someone else to give me an opinion on it so I know if I'm losing my mind on with my take on the sound. I hear a huge influence from Journey and Foreigner and some of the lyrics sound like they came from the film Music and Lyrics. Not sure if that's a good or bad thing.

On a happier note, I've been to Goodwill, which means I've bought books. Yes, I know. I need more books like I need a hole in my head, but with movie prices on the rise, a good book is a more economical source of entertainment. Plus I got some really great buys on some Chick lit, and we all know how much I love Chick lit.

I've also been reviewing a lot of the romance novels I've been reading as well as the other stuff over at my book blog, here. Sometimes I even blog about book stuff. I'm really proud of myself. I've read 38 books so far this year and 2 or 3 novellas (about 80 pages). I really wish I could spend more time this weekend with my books than with this damn CD.

1 comments:

Nikki - Notes of Life said...

38 books so far this year? Wow, I'm way behind you!