Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The Book That Went Plop

Let me tell you about this cheesy harlequin intrigue I was reading. Its not that its a great book or anything. This tale is about why I won't finish reading the thing.

As many of you know, I'm a bathroom reader and yes, I've had bathroom reading mishaps with paperbacks, because ever so often I sit the book in a precarious place and it falls into the bath, but usually that's after the water is mostly out of the tub.

I've never destroyed a book yet. And even now I didn't. That was my nephew's misadventure.

See we have one of those metal cabinets over the potty and I always leave a book there, because, like I said, I read in the bathroom. Its the only place where people won't bother you much.

So I left my cheesy novel sitting there and somehow, we know not how, but the nephew knocked the book into the toilet.

Yup.

Into the toilet.

Before flushing.

Yup.

Ruined.

Ain't touching that.

I was halfway through the damn thing and its an older book, so if I want to finish the damn thing I've got to go to Amazon or Half.com and spend more than I did originally on the book.

I think the nephew is about to get slugged.

0 comments: