Thursday, October 09, 2008

Today Is Eye Doctor Day

I bet all of you are glad I have my appointment today. I know I am. Today I should learn what an idjit I'm being becoming so worked up about my damn floaters.

I'm fully aware that I'm letting this get to me when in all likelihood its nothing. Or rather nothing that's going to hurt me.

Seriously I've worked myself into tension in my neck and shoulders and an occasional headache.

I just want this day to be over.

I'd rather be kicking myself in the head for getting worked up over nothing than this waiting game I've been playing with myself for the last week.

Some of the words of reassurance have gotten through, but not totally to my brain which is still determined that all of this is a signal that I've got some terminal disease. (And not having health insurance makes that even a scarier prospect)

My goal is to try to remain as calm as possible throughout the day. I only have to make it until about 4:30. After that its all between me and the eye doctor.

Please remind me that I'm being an idiot and that eye floaters aren't going to kill me.

0 comments: