Thursday, October 02, 2008

Bank Rant

I have a Money Market savings account at my bank. Its supposed to yield a better return than your avg savings account. I don't keep much money in it, because we all know that I don't have much, but seriously its nice to know what my money is worth at the end of the month.

Each new $100 which is what I try to save each month towards the downpayment on a car is worth an extra...

You want to sit down for this?

I hope you're sitting because the amount is staggering.

2 freaking cents!

Yes, for each $100 I add to my money market savings account, I make 2 whole cents! Isn't that lovely?

If I was borrowing money for them, they'd want more than that back in interest. Somehow I don't think that's quite right.

Its not hardly worth it to keep money in the bank, except that when its in this account I won't spend it, unless I absolutely need too! But I guess its time to transfer over another $100 to that account so I can make $1.10 in interest next month!

0 comments: