Sunday, October 12, 2008

The Reason I Want To Vote Obama

There is only one thing that makes me hope Barack will get elected, and that's health care reform. Something has to be done. I fall into the category with the other millions of Americans that have NO health care. I haven't been to a doctor since the 90s when I was in a car accident.

I go to the eye doctor every two years and my dentist twice a year and pay out of pocket, which is why any little thing that doesn't feel right in my body scares the crap out of me. I can't afford a regular physician sending me for blood work. I don't make that much money.

Something has to change. PA offers discount health insurance to people that make under a certain amount of money but don't qualify for a medical card. But there is a waiting list that is miles long to get it. Plus I don't qualify because I have a savings account!

In this county all children can be insured. That's great. But who pays for their necessities if the parent is ill and can't work?

I've looked into plans in the last few months, because I know I need to have something eventually and the costs scare me and the coverage makes me weep. And if you are a woman the costs are higher!

I trust Barack Obama to at least try to do something for people like me. I would have trusted Hillary Clinton much more but that was not to be.

0 comments: