Sunday, October 05, 2008

Life On Mars

I fear the American version of this show. Its not often that American writers can pull off one from the UK well. So far I think The Office is the only one that has done well, and I'm one of the few people that liked neither version.

Life On Mars is one of the best bizarre cop drama's I've ever watched and that has to do with the casting. John Simm as Sam Tyler is just superb, just as he was superb as the Master.

It is just as good as the CSI/Law & Order shows but with a could it be time travel twist. (But those from the UK reading this know that already).

I just wish that American TV people would stop stealing BBC and ITV ideas and think up their own because so very few of the shows cross over well and I hated what they did to Coupling a few years back. This show is too good to be destroyed. I hope to god that its done well, but I think I'd rather watch the original episodes on BBC America or download them and watch them on my own.

And on a random Life On Mars note: John Simm is a hottie.

0 comments: