Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Happy Hump Day

I'm trying to be upbeat and positive as much as I can, but I still feel very down. After further reading I know my floater,as I think its only one, is very mild compared to other people who have all considered FOV surgery and laser treatments from one of the 3 or 4 doctors that can perform them.

It makes me feel like a big baby that right now because these things are freaking me out so damn badly.

Half the people I hear from say they barely notice them anymore, but others I read about say they are awful and really get no better over time, in fact they get worse.

For a person that is prone to panic when anything is remotely wrong with my body, this is not a good thing to hear, and when surgical procedures are iffy and expensive its even worse.

My optometrist says he has one and he only notices it when he's talking to another person that has floaters.

Mike Bill and Susan could you please email me with how you dealt with first discovering these things or comment. It would make me feel better. I know I need to learn to relax but its hard. I just feel so powerless and there's no one I can really talk to about this that doesn't think I'm going out of my mind, which I may well be at this point.

I need all the help I can get right now. I will remain positive though. At least I know that no one has ever died of a floater!

So Happy Hump Day to you!

0 comments: