Sunday, August 31, 2008

Stark County Fair

Well so much for seeing The Vogues, they are playing tomorrow, and I hope to get to the zoo or somewhere tomorrow. The Stark County fair was quite fun though. For $7, I got to look at all the lovely farm animals, and anyone that knows me, knows I love animals of every variety, and all the rides. Food rides (Not included). Damn them! I love the food rides the best.

We rode the big swings, the scrambler, the merry-go-round and the paratrooper. As for the food, we had a French Waffle which was to die for. It wasn't waffle like really. More like a fried dough only lighter and covered in powdered sugar. Then we had a cheeseburger and shared fries and a Pepsi. Oh and we caught the tail end of the tiger show and watched part of the Victoria Circus which was a trampoline act and a strange dirt bike sorta thing in a ball shaped cage. Very interesting. Typical fair stuff. I was pleased that there weren't many freakish animal exhibits, as those make me terrbily angry.

It was quite a fun few hours and for the money it was really worth it. I'm really loving the fairs this year. I can't wait to go to the Renfest in a week or two and the covered bridge festival on the 21st.

Oh and I'm pleased to say, I finally slept over 4 hours. Yay! So things have been fun and I've managed to relax. I think after all the walking I did today and the sunburn I got while doing it, sleep will come easy again tonight.

0 comments: