Friday, August 15, 2008

Am I Odd?

Well yes, I know I am, but this is different. I finished reading that Elizabeth Harris novel, Shadows In The Sand and I know my grandmother would have loved it. It was just the kind of book she liked a bit of a mystery, a touch of romance and a chance to learn something too.

I'm taking it to the cemetery and leaving it on her grave.

It's one of the first books I've read since April 26 that really screamed out to me that grandma would have enjoyed it and now she's not here to do that.

But I'm compelled to take it to her. I want her to know that I'm still thinking of her, actually there's not a day that goes by that I don't think about her. I don't think the pain of losing her has dimished any either. It only takes a photo, or a can of beef stew on the shelf at the store and I'm near tears.

Its easier to go into the house now, but sometimes I still want to look for her and going upstairs still fills me with dread. I still haven't lost that image from that Saturday afternoon.

Ah, gram, why did you have to go?

0 comments: