Tuesday, August 19, 2008

GAH!

The need for a new computer is slowly toppling the need for a new car. I'm not ready for either actually, but I think the computer may be coming within the next 4 months.

My HP is 8 years old. It's a good system, but with all the programs I use daily its sucking memory and you can only add so much.

The HP has determined it hates the AIM messenger program and to a lesser extent Yahoo. I don't dare run them both at the same time. That produces low virtual memory every damn time.

I couldn't do a damn thing this morning because I was an idiot and left the computer on all night. Big Mistake. The thing was running slower than most snails.

Tonight I'm going to run AdAware and Spybot when I get home to see if there's any creepy crawly nasties making this happen, if not I'm going to be pondering a Dell sooner than I expected, because I can't live like this anymore, especially since the computer is an extension of my body!

0 comments: