Monday, August 25, 2008

The weekend of no sleep

I think I slept 5 hours in the course of the last 48 hours. The cat had kittens Saturday night late. The first kitten appear around 10 and the last one around 3:30 in the morning. ON MY BED!

Yesterday I had to change the mattress and bedding. Thank god we had two spares, one in our house and one that was on my grandma's bed. So on top of all this I'm getting used to a different mattress.

Last night I tried to sleep but I was fretting over the kittens. Are the sleeping enough, eating enough? Is Callie being a good mother? Will they stop waking me up with their mewing. Because when I hear mewing I worry.

Some people have children. I have my pets and right now these babies are very important to me, and no one tells you anything when you find out a cat is pregnant except that she'll do it all.

Yup, she did, for the most part. I watched the whole thing.

But through all of this, I haven't had any time for myself and I haven't been able to do much of anything. I've been worried about kitties. I've been trying to get stuff done in my house, to no avail. And now I can't vacuum in that room because the kittens are there and I don't want to traumatize them.

But that's not important, right now. What is, is sleep and I want some.I'm only asking for 8 hours! Please let me have them soon!

0 comments: