Wednesday, August 13, 2008

2 Books I Want To Share

I'm reading two books right now that I wish I could share with my grandma. We had a little book circle of our own. I'd pass on books I got from BOMC2 or other places and she'd share the books she got from her friend Evelyn to me.

The new Janet Evanovich is the first of the two books I would have passed on to her. Gram loved Stephanie Plum, and I think she like Grandma Mazur too. I think we were both in agreement that even a mediocre Plum novel was still a good one

I'm really pleased with this one though. It's keeping me on my toes plus Morelli is a huge part of this book, and I'm more than a little partial to that character. Not that I don't love Ranger too, but the homebody in me always goes for the more stable person.

The other book Shadows In The Sand by Elizabeth Harris is a romance/mystery. I wasn't more than 20 pages into this book and I knew it would be one Grandma would have loved. She enjoyed anything that taught or opened her mind to something new, and this book figured in a period of time when Great Britain played a part in the rule of Egypt.

Books were the one thing we really had in common over the years. Grandma and I read just about anything, and it was always fun to find a book that we both loved. I can't stand that one of the books I gave her in the last year from my collection was Fannie Flagg's Can't Wait To Get To Heaven. We certainly wanted her to wait to get there.

Now I have these 2 books and no one to talk to about them or share them with. Its times like this when I really miss Grandma, and let me tell you, I still miss her a lot.

0 comments: