Saturday, August 23, 2008

Pricing A New Computer

Depending on the model I choose, my new Dell is looking to be about $700. That's quite a difference from the cost of the HP I'm using now that I bought about 8 years ago. Heck I may still be paying for that HP! (I don't want to think about that though)

Its amazing how some things go down in price. The towers alone go for as little as $299 now. I'm just trying to figure out which features I really want. I know I need good sound and loads of hard drive space, because I keep lots of music and telly and what not on my computer.

But other than that, I'm really a fish out of water when it comes to buying stuff. I'm just sick of everything running so damn slow or freezing or not having enough virtual memory.

It's getting old. I really didn't want to have to buy a computer this soon, but I'm really thinking it's probably a good thing to do. I can hold off on the car for a bit and if I finance the computer things shouldn't be too bad. At least Dell is keeping me from making the final decision because I keep getting runtime errors when I apply for credit.

That's probably a very good thing or I'd have that new Dell by Labor Day!

0 comments: