Thursday, August 28, 2008

So I Was Watching The DNC

Just freaking shoot me before I drink the Obama Kool-Aid. Its nice to see people passionate about politics and who will be running the country. I just wish the choices weren't so god-damn-bloody-awful.

I want to believe in Barack even though in my mind's eye he's nowhere near qualified to run the country. I want to believe he's going to bring about the sweeping change to Washington that he's promising right now. I want to believe him so badly.

I can't.

All I hear are words.

The words that most American's want to hear, which I admit is the way to get elected. Tell em what they want to hear and they'll vote up a storm. He's saying all the right things, but what will he really accomplish.

That's where I'm scared.

However the other alternative seems to be scarier. McCain is going to do absolutely nothing for the working class or rather that poor class, which is where I fall. I can't in good conscience cast a vote for him. I also think we've had enough of Republican politics for awhile. It's time for a different party to be in charge, or at least to pretend to be in charge.

I can only hope that whoever gets in, doesn't dig us deeper into the hole that we're in, but rather helps us to start climbing out.

0 comments: