Friday, August 22, 2008

Happy Birthday Blog & A Top 5 On Friday Among Other Things

Today my blog turns 6. I can't believe I've been blogging this long and for the most part on a regular basis, almost every day.

It makes me almost want to throw a party. Almost. I'm not a party kinda girl, unless its a dinner party.

Regardless, I've made it 6 years and oddly my blogs b-day falls on a Friday which is an meme day for me. My meme, to be specific. The only meme from Music Memoirs that I truly love.

I'm the creator of the 3 memes on Music Memoirs as well and I used to do another music meme before that site came into existence.

So you have to know that music is more than 90% of my life. But that's a given. Now you know that the memes are truly a part of my life too, even though I'm disgusted with some of the ones I make.

Now give my blog a present or at least a piece of cake! And a CD!
(There will be a better Blog B-day post tonight)

Top 5 On Friday


Top 5 Bands That You Wish You Could See Live

Over The Rhine - They are high on the list of people I love and they were in Pittsburgh this year. I actually had tickets too. Then they canceled and rescheduled and life happened in a nasty way and I decided it was best not to go. I hope they come back next year, because I adore them.

Hem - Another alt-country band that really rocks my world. The vocals are smashing the songs are marvelous if only they had a new album to support. I've heard rumors there may be one out soon. My fingers are crossed for that one.

Erasure - I've loved these guys since high school, only Pittsburgh is not a mecca for techno/synth pop, or for that matter, cute little gay-boy bands. Damn! They've come to Cleveland and Atlantic City but never when I could afford to travel or when I had anyone that would make the trip with me. You have no idea how many kinds of wrong that is.

Keri Noble - Not a band but still someone I've been longing to see. It seems she mostly hugs the west coast. (glares at Russ who's already seen her live) She's coming to Cleveland, but I don't road trip alone and I can't afford it anyway. Damn and blast.

Donnie Iris - He's a local guy. He's played the area many times. Have I ever had the chance to see him? Hell no!

0 comments: