Sunday, August 10, 2008

I Have Returned

I have to say, Erie was fantastic. Its a beautiful city and there's so much to do there on the weekend that its hard to cram it all in.

Here's a small recap, since it may be awhile before I can really share the photos nicely. There are over 400 from the last few days. (Yeah I'm trigger happy when it comes to snapshots!)

Friday Night:

We arrived at the hotel shortly after 8 pm. We made the trip in about 2.5 hours. Checked in and dropped off our luggage in our room and walked out on Dobbin's Landing to stare at the lake, the seagulls and the boats. Afterwards we went to the Smugglers Wharf for a bite to eat. I had an incredible lobster roll and we topped it off with Chocolate Seduction. (A nommy cake with fudge fudge fudge)

Saturday:

Busy Busy Busy. We walked to St Peter's Cathedral where I jokingly quipped the Pope of Erie lives. He has better digs than the Pope of Pittsburgh. We had breakfast at Benjamin's @ the Avalon Hotel and then walked back down to Dobbin's Landing to go to the Maritime Museum. I was sorely tempted to buy a book about The Edmund Fitzgerald. Found the Land Lighthouse and then went to Presque Isle to see the other 2 lighthouses as well as the beach and the Tom Ridge Environmental Center. After that we went to the very busy Waldameer Park. Didn't get much riding done for our $19.45 because of a storm that came on, but we went on the Wacky Shack, The Sky Ride, The Sea Dragon, The Steel Dragon and the brand new Ravine 2 which is the fastest most incredible wooden coaster I've ever been on. It is full of awesomeness. We swam at the hotel and even used the fitness center before turning in for the night.

Sunday:
We said goodbye to the lake at Dobbin's Landing. From there we went to the Erie Zoo and Millcreek Mall. I only got lost a few times on the way to both places. Not bad since I was really flying blind on this trip. We ate at Charley's by the Mall and the junction of I-79. The food was to die for. After that we headed to Linesville stopping at Hanks for a S'more's sundae before feeding the crazy carp at the spillway.

Total Photos for the trip: 470

0 comments: