Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Visiting My Dentist

I'm not looking forward to my dental appointment tonight. I'm not worried about cavities, because I didn't have any 6 months ago so I doubt I have any now, especially since I've been brushing and flossing and rinsing and brushing and flossing and rinsing like a madwoman. Mind you I've always brushed and rinsed and tried to floss pretty well over the years.

All the stuff I've read about gingivitis and periodontal disease scares the hell out of me. I don't have the kind of money to pay for expensive procedures, 82 dollars for an exam and cleaning is about it.

I'm also unlucky enough to have almost all the hereditary factors that go along with periodontal disease; my mother is diabetic and my father had trouble with his gums. I won't even start on stress, which has been at high levels over the last 6 years.

So basically I'm waiting for the shoe to drop and I think it will tonight. I've been using a prescription dental rinse for about 7 months now and I'm not showing any real signs of improvement.

Bye Bye money. I'll miss you.

0 comments: