Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Family Update

Today was D-day in our household, doctor day. Both mom and dad had to see their respected physicians this morning. Thankfully, all is pretty well for both of them. Dad did have to get a shot for his neck/arm pain and has some muscle relaxants to take before bed. Hopefully that combined with his inhaler and the fact that he's really going to quit smoking this time, will make things a little better there. If he doesn't stop smoking we'll just have to beat the living crap out of him. (And I mean that sincerely)

He also has to go for a stress test. Not too keen on that but much worse things could be suggested, so I'm feeling pretty good about things.

Mom's doctor visit was good as well. She won't get the defibrulator until she has to have her pacemaker changed, which will probably be sometime next year. That gives me time to get more finances in gear. This procedure can only be done in a Pittsburgh hospital and I'll need to rent a car to get her there and back if my brother can't come home from Canton. It truly sucks to drive a 1991 Chevy Beretta.

If there's a money fairy out there....I wish he'd deposit enough cash under my pillow so I could get something newer. Something that ran on an ethanol blend of gas!

Now I can breathe a sigh of relief that all is fairly well for the time being.

0 comments: