Tuesday, July 25, 2006

I Love The Pickle

No, not pickles, though I do like pickles quite a bit, Pickle F.M. our oldies radio station in Fayette County. Amazingly enough this station plays good oldies, you know the kind I like. Yesterday I heard 3 count em 3 Herman's Hermits songs, 2 Monkees tunes, one of which I requested and Manfred Mann's version of The Mighty Quinn! Squee!

All that and a few Beatles songs thrown in.

Life can't get much better than that.

OK, it could, the station could put a Moody Blues song or two in its rotation. If I want to hear them, I have to call and beg. Which I did last week, just to see if they had any of their songs. They did! Woot! I was treated to Ride My See Saw. Oddly that's one of my favorites so I was happy. It also got my thinking about the innuendo my brain creates when that song is on, but that's something for another day.

So far the only band I haven't heard is Gary Puckett & the Union Gap, and that makes me sad, because I really do love Gary. But who couldn't love this face?



I think I may be requesting Lady Willpower today, since it's embedded itself in my brain last night.

Sing it with me

Lady Willpower, it's now or never...
Give you love to me and I'll shower your heart with tenderness endlessly..

I think the DJ at Pickle is going to get sick of me over the next few days.

0 comments: