Friday, July 21, 2006

Top 5 On Friday - Week 81

Top 5 ways that you'd describe your favorite band. (Be as silly, truthful and/or creative as you want to be)

1. The kings of greatest hits rock. More greatest hits collections than actual studio albums (Grrrrr) Plus you very seldom get a non-hit when you see a show. Hell you get the same 20 songs for the most part over and over and over and over and over and over. Can you guys not play Nights In White (f-ing) Satin just once? Nah...too many people would drop over if that song disappeared. (Hmmm that might a good thing)

2. Lyrically brilliant at times. And at other times lyrically baffling.

examples Words You Say (John "Lodgey" Lodge)

Words you say to me
I'm living in fantasy
If I don't know what it is
I simply ignore you.

I hear you every night
I listen but the time is never right
My life is so confused
What more can I tell you?


Oh John John John. WTF is up with this song?

Question (Justin "Squirrelly Man" Hayward)

I'm looking for someone to change my life.
I'm looking for a miracle in my life.
And if you could see what it's done to me
To lose the love I knew
Could safely lead me through.

Between the silence of the mountains
And the crashing of the sea
There lies a land I once lived in
And she's waiting there for me.

But in the grey of the morning
My mind becomes confused
Between the dead and the sleeping
And the road that I must choose.


I need my lighter now! C'mon everyone sway....the show's almost over. Oh wait that was my first reason.

3. Easy on the eyes.





4. Wine snobs, and at least one of them pays the bar tab!



Right Cheryl?

5. Lazy bums that seem to have a fear of recording studios and spending money on making a new record. Grrr it's already been 3 years since December was released.

0 comments: