Saturday, July 08, 2006

Hi From Erie

I'm here at my niece, Monica's house, suffering computer withdrawal, go figure. The weather has been beautiful and I've already taken over a hundred pictures and eaten more food than any human being should really consume in 48 hours.

I have to say if any of you have a Backyard Burgers in your area, you should go and eat large quanities of their hamburgers as often as possible, because they are absolutely delicious. My burger was jalapeno and chili. Suffice to say, my stomach is not going to forgive me for that, or the Mexican club I ate at Benjamin's last night when we got to the hotel.

So far, I've taken in the site of St. Peter's Cathedral, (The home of the Pope of Erie. A.K.A. the bishop of the Erie Diocese) downtown Erie and Perry Square, the wharf and Presque Isle State Park. As far as eating...we've done McDonald's for breakfast, Benjamin's at the Avalon where we are staying and that lovely Backyard Burgers. Mmmm good eats.

Tomorrow we're going to do Erie Zoo and then we're heading off to Pymatuming State Park. The Linesville Spillway is the place where the ducks walk on the carp to get food.

Another 24 hours of fun and then I have to come home. Boo! Pictures will come either tomorrow night or Monday after work.

0 comments: