Monday, July 10, 2006

Flying On By

Where is this summer going? Where is my life going for that matter? I can't believe my weekend road trip is over and that it's been over a month since I was in Hershey.

I guess it's post vacation depression. I used to cry every time I'd leave Erie or Lancaster when I went their on vacations with my parents when I was younger. yesterday I felt those same tears threatening to spill over as we drove away from the city.

It had nothing to do with having a bad time, more that another good time has faded into memory. All that things that you want to last seem to fade away so quickly and the work week just drags on endlessly.

Before I know it, July will have passed. It's already the tenth! My birthday has already come and gone, which I've always considered a sign that summer is nearly over. It seemed to me as I was growing up that the days that followed my b-day and the Fourth of July went faster than all the rest and soon I'd be back in school. That feeling didn't change even after the days of summer vacations turned into a distant memory.

I'm glad I have 500+ photos that I took this weekend to look back upon and remember the wonderful time I had. I'm also glad that Snapfish has a deal on shipping so I can order some prints. Digital images are wonderful but I feel the same way about them as I do music. I like to have something tangible to gaze upon, a 4x6, just like I still like to have a CD with cover art and liner notes. And with photos I can pull them out anywhere and look back and think again how fast time has flown by.

Here are a few of my memories....



The Brig Niagra.



The fountain in Perry Square.



Seagulls!!

When I get the photos uploaded to snapfish (which will likely be in about 2 folders) I'll share them with anyone that wants to see them. It would take forever to post all the shots. So if you'd like to see them all, leave a comment with your email, so I can send em to you. Until then, check my flickr account and my photoblog

0 comments: