Sunday, July 30, 2006

MMmm Davy

Lordy but Mr. Jones is one helluva good lookin' guy for his age. I should know, because I was front row and center for the concert at Falconi Field.

Opening for Davy was a do-wop band from the burg (as we like to call Pittsburgh) called The Skyliners.



You can see one of the members is teaching the team mascot to dance. They did an awesome version of Oh! What a Night and The Lion Sleeps Tonight.

The second band up last night was The Jaggerz who scored a hit with the song The Rapper.




I thought Mr. Pink Shirt looked like Malcolm Gets from Caroline in the City.

Finally, Davy came on stage. He did many many Monkees songs including Look Out (Here Comes Tomorrow) Valleri, I Wanna Be Free, No Time, What Am I Doin' Hangin' Round, Papa Gene's Blues, Daydream Believer, A Little Bit Me, A Little Bit You, I'm Not Your (Steppin' Stone) and She Hangs Out. He also did Is You Is Or Is You Ain't My Baby (great song) a new Boyce and Hart song, which I wish he'd put on an album it was so good, his own I'll Love You Forever and Secret Love, which is a new song too.

Davy took the standup approach to the show, litering the moments between songs with some very bad jokes and cute stories. The man has incredible energy and is such a cutie.

Did I mention I got over 100 pictures? Most of them turned out quite nice which is great considering it was an outdoor concert and that Davy wasn't on until well after sundown.







The evening ended with a bang too.

Fireworks!

0 comments: