Sunday, July 23, 2006

Saturday Stunk

Yesterday was an over all bad day. Terrible in fact. Very few things could have made it worse than it was.

It rained most of the day, meaning I could have had my vegging day that I really wanted but.....

My nephew wanted to do something anyway. His first suggestion was to go see Pirates 2. I was ok with that, kinda. OK, actually I wasn't OK with it. I wasn't in the mood to sit through 2.5 hours of Pirates. I don't care if it's the best movie out there. Then him and sis didn't show up until after 3 o'clock and the movie is at 4. Cutting it close. And then the matter of popcorn caused a huge arguement. Started by yours truly. Don't tell me that I can't have popcorn when I'm watching a movie for 2.5 hours. I have a short attention span as it is. I don't know how I ever managed to watch Van Helsing in the theaters as often as I did. OK, that was Richard Roxburgh.

After a rip roaring row we ended up going to Round Hill. (It had finally stopped raining) The only problem there was that once we were out of the grip of the evil Walmart, we discovered Michael didn't have batteries for his camera. Enter huge, no ginormous Michael sulk.

I managed to take a few pictures of the starving ducks and a few Justins (erm squirrels) not to mention cows and goats.

After that I decided I was going to find my uncle's grave. He died when I was 10 and is buried at the Round Hill Cemetary. Oddly I found the grave without much problem, which is kind of freaky considering that I've only been there once back when I was 10.

I wasn't amused. The grave obviously hadn't been tended in awhile. I realize that his wife hasn't been in the country much this year, but there are other family members still living in the area, someone could have checked on the grave. So Deb and I took some time to weed the plot. So that you could read who was there. Grrr.

After that we went to Denny's and had one of the new burgers. Mmm chili-cheeseburger. Yum! Oh and we finally did get Michael his batteries.

Thankfully the day ended quietly....which was more than I could say for the rest of it.



Look its Justin on a tree. Erm OK it's a squirrel but I call all squirrels Justin.

0 comments: